Anonymous Person Who Advocates Violating U.S. Laws:
"See... we DO agree on some things.
And BTW the only ones I see taking. taking, taking are native hawaiians who want special treatment cause their great great great great great grandpappy traveled across the water to these islands. OHA should be abolished and the money given directly to the people.
My long response:
"You're wrong. That is where your argument is invalid. The land that OHA and DHHL are based upon has title that belongs to Hawaiians. I explained it on March 28, 2006 as well as above:
1. Following the Revolutionary War the U.S. government first commissioned a survey for the entire area when they opened an area for settlement. The intent of this Government Survey System aka U.S. System of Rectangular Surveys aka Public Domain Survey was to create a large grid with every square of the grid uniquely identified. Over time they (the U.S. government) commissioned this GSS and is now used to describe property with symbols and with words in a type of shorthand which makes it easy for the government to describe the property.
2. In Hawaii the Mahele was pre-GSS. Some properties such as ceded land which is a misnomer was illegally transferred in the public domain.
3. In acquiring legal title alienation or "the act of transferring ownership, title, or an interest in real property from one person to another" may be voluntary or involuntary:
- Voluntary via deed or will.
- Involuntary by
* descent (when a person dies without a will
* escheat of the state (escheat provides the government normally the state government to take the property of an owner who dies intestate or "without a will" and w/o any known heirs entitled to receive the property
* by adverse possession which is when the true owner of record fails to maintain possession and the property is seized by another; or
* by eminent domain (gives the government the right to take land from an owner though a legal process called condemnation) with due process.
For the latter... Hawaiians were not given due process.
For voluntary alienation... Hawaiians never deeded nor willed said property to another owner.
For involuntary alienation... Hawaiians never died without a will while in possession of said land nor did they die without any known heirs (escheat); nor did Hawaiians fail to maintain possession (adverse possession nor were Hawaiians given due process of law under eminent domain.
There was also no constructive notice with is another tangent.
4. Therefore MANY of the titles in Hawaii are not legal and are null and void.
Thus the problems of the past which has created some of the problems of the present. In addition OHA and DHHL receive lease payments which is a form of due process so NO OHA should never be abolished. To do so would violate state and federal laws and I am American. I will NOT violate ANY LAWS as I respect the laws of the U.S. since I AM AN AMERICAN.
On the other hand, you, Conklin, Krischel, and Twigg-Smith ALL want to violate laws which is morally WRONG."
That is... Conklin, Krischel, and Twigg-Smith are PILAU.
Attorney H. William Burgess is pilau too and should be disbarred for promoting the violation of civil rights of Hawaiians. UNfortunately most Hawaiians do not have attorneys... I have THREE attorneys to defend my civil rights partly because of people like attorney H. William Burgess who pushes to violate my rights as a Hawaiian. They PILAU... or in pidgin... dey pilau das why!!!