?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

I like this letter about the Akaka Bill

In today's paper:

THEFT OF NATION

AKAKA BILL ATTEMPT TO LEGITIMIZE OCCUPATION


Someone once said: "If you get them to ask the wrong questions, you don't have to worry about the answers." The Akaka bill is just the latest wrong answer to the wrong question.

The confusion over the Hawaiian sovereignty issue is the result of an ongoing campaign by the United States and the state of Hawai'i to conceal and obfuscate their illegal occupation of Hawai'i, and to try to give it a legitimate face.

In carrying on the deception, the occupying powers use the ploy of shifting the question away from "What redress is called for concerning the theft of a nation?" to that of "How can we preserve race-based welfare programs?" Even though it is obvious that these are two completely different questions, the Akaka bill pretends to address the former by answering the latter. This is a classic swindle.

The Akaka bill is a scheme using the smokescreen of Native Hawaiian/indigenous people/Indian tribe/nation within a nation/self-determination to swindle the Hawaiian public, the U.S. Congress, the American people and the rest of the world into thinking something significant is being accomplished. In actuality, it is just another attempt in the protracted, 112-year effort to cover up, legitimize and secure the United States' illegal occupation of Hawai'i.

If the Akaka bill is the answer, what was the question?

Leon Siu
'Aiea


Seen at http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050730/OPINION02/507300308/1104


Unfortunately many people are still illegally occupying Hawai'i. People like Scott Crawford. Ken Conklin. Writers and the editors of the Honolulu Advertiser too lol Seriously... if people wanted to do the right thing they would leave Hawai'i. As a child I knew that people wouldn't leave Hawai'i. It's because they are all talk. They bitch and moan about how the U.S. government continues to illegally occupy Hawai'i while they illegally occupy Hawai'i too.

Of course it amuses me because people like Scott Crawford and writers at the Honolulu Advertiser write about the illegal occupation of Hawai'i when they are illegally occupying Hawai'i hmmm hmm hmmm. Also Hawaiians are not the only ones exempt. There were Japanese, Chinese, Haole, etc citizens of the Kingdom of Hawai'i. They and their descendants are exempt so I guess I will have to exempt Thurston Twigg Smith. He can stay even though he is mean to Hawaiians lol





Comments

( 1 comment — Leave a comment )
angel_one
Jul. 31st, 2005 01:05 am (UTC)
What is the general concensus so far amongst Hawaiians? Do you think this bill will pass? Really, I think that only Hawaiians should have the right to vote on this. 83% of the population shouldn't have a say about how the other 17% live.
( 1 comment — Leave a comment )

Profile

Yo!
haolegirl
For my family and friends ™
Website

Latest Month

January 2015
S M T W T F S
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Tags

Page Summary

Powered by LiveJournal.com
Designed by Tiffany Chow